The Westchester-Putnam Workforce Development Board (WPWDB) Business Sector Partnerships were developed by public and private sector leaders to help identify their workforce challenges and to provide resources tailored to support local employers in an increasingly demanding, dynamic and competitive market. The WPWDB Business Sector Partnerships offer Westchester and Putnam County employers the opportunity to participate as members in key industry sectors, including Business Services, Biotech, Green, Healthcare, Hospitality, Advanced Manufacturing and Not for Profits.
The Mission of the Sector Partnerships is to engage local employers in identifying, developing and offering workforce programs designed to support a skilled workforce and promote job growth in Westchester and Putnam Counties.
Programs and Services
The WPWDB Business Sector Partnerships provide employee recruitment and training and resources for worker retention. WPWDB Business Services include:
1. Customized employee screening
- Employment Opportunities: Employers may post open positions and search for qualified candidates at the One-Stop Career Center.
- Funding: Resources to subsidize the cost of training for new and incumbent workers (based on meeting application requirements and availability of funding)
- Networking: Engage area business sector member employers to develop best practices, recruit new employees and participate in career events
2. Job Board: Sector Partner member employers may post open positions and view resumes of qualified candidates. This resource will be available in each sector upon completion of registration.
3. Training: Employers may apply for funding for new and/or incumbent worker training in three categories:
- Customized Training: Training for individual business only
- On-the-Job (OJT) Training: Training for new employees (reduce training costs)
- Business Sector Customized Training: A collaboration among businesses (minimum three) within your industry sector (for more information and details, click on the sector tab for your industry).
Note: Upon receipt of funding, the employer will be invited to enter into a contractual agreement with the county, which will include reporting requirements throughout the training period.
Some examples of training programs offered to Westchester and Putnam Employers include:
- English as a Second Language (Hospitality and Healthcare Sectors)
- Supervisory and Management Skills Training (Hospitality and Healthcare Sectors)
- Mini MBA Program (Biotech Sector)
- Skill-Based Training (Manufacturing Sector)
- Sales Training (Green Sector)