The Healthcare Business Sector Partnership is led by the Westchester-Putnam Workforce One-Stop Career Center and Sector Cochairs Joe DiCarlo, SVP of Human Resources at WESTMED Medical Group, and Eric Saidel, Director of Human Resources at ENT & Allergy Associates. This partnership engages with fellow industry employers in the region to identify workforce needs and gaps that exist and develop insight and support for providing high-demand education and training programs.
Healthcare Sector Partnership activities include:
- Jobs Waiting: A workforce development program that provides job/career opportunities in healthcare for area workers who are seeking to resume employment
- Summer Internship Program: The Westchester-Putnam One-Stop Career Center placed summer interns and underwrote the cost of this important program for area youth.
- Supervisory and Management Skills and Vocational English as a Second Language: Over 100 employees from White Plains Hospital Center, Northern Westchester Hospital, St. John's Riverside Hospital and Sound Shore Health System have participated in this program
- Westchester Youth Summit: Managers from White Plains Hospital Center and Phelps Memorial Hospital represented the health care sector at the third annual Youth Summit in 2014. The summit was created to expose young people to the world of work, and provide them with specific information about how to prepare for jobs in important industries in Westchester County.
Health Care employers that have participated in this business sector include:
- ENT and Allergy Associates
- White Plains Hospital Center
- Northern Westchester Hospital
- St. John's Riverside Hospital
- Phelps Memorial Hospital
- VNS Westchester
- Barksdale Home Care Services
- WMC Health
- WESTMED Medical Group
- New York Presyterian
To become involved in the Healthcare Sector Partnership, contact:
Eric Saidel, Healthcare Sector Co Chair
ENT & Allergy Associates
Phone: 914 333-5885
WestMed Practice Partners
Healthcare Sector Co Chair
Donnovan Beckford, Director
Westchester-Putnam Workforce Development Board
Phone: (914) 995-3707
If you feel your company fits the criteria, add your company to the Healthcare Sector.