The Westchester-Putnam Workforce Development Board Business Sector Partnership was developed by public and private sector leaders to help identify their workforce challenges and provide resources to support area employers in an increasingly demanding, dynamic and competitive market. The WPWDB Business Sector Partnership offers Westchester and Putnam County employers the opportunity to participate as members in seven key industry sectors, including the Not for Profit Sector.
Not for Profit Sector Business Partnership
The Not for Profit Sector in Westchester and Putnam Counties contribute to our communities in a variety of ways, and also offers employment to thousands of workers, from national headquarters to state and local organizations. Not for Profit organizations generate over $7 billion in revenues, and they representing over 20 percent of all employment in our region. The Not for Profit Sector is a large and growing force in employment, and has formed a solid foundation for future leaders.
Not for Profit Sector Partnership: What We Do
Not for Profit Business Sector Partners engage with their colleagues to identify workforce needs and develop education and training programs that are necessary to help them expand and grow their organizations.
The Westchester/Putnam Business Sector Partnership provides employee recruitment, training and resources for worker retention and advancement. Partnership services include:
Job Candidate Search/Screening
Employers can search for qualified candidates at the One-Stop Career CenterSector Partner members may post open positions and view resumes of qualified candidates.
Employers may apply for funding to support new and/or incumbent worker training in three categories:
- Customized Training: Training for individual business On-the-Job (OJT)
- Training: Training for new employees (reduce training costs)
- Business Sector Customized Training: A collaboration among businesses (minimum three) within an industry sector (for more information, click on the "Sector" in the main navigation to find your industry).
Sector Partner members engage with their colleagues and other Sector Industry members to develop best practices, recruit new employees and participate in career events.
Recent Not for Profit Sector training and event programs include:
- A financial literacy training program for aspiring incumbent employees held at the United Way of Westchester and PutnamNot for Profit Summit Presentation
- Membership in the Not for Profit Sector Partnership is offered free of charge to area employers.
Not for Profit Business Sector Partnership- Employer Benefits
As a member of the Business Sector Partnership, employers are provided with access to resources that are only available to member of this unique public/private partnership. WPWDB Sector Partner Employer Member Benefits include:
- Recruit skilled, diverse workers based on employer-defined standards
- Leverage collective input from area business, not for profit, government and education community members
- Develop employment opportunities and promote job growth
- Access customized screening and assessment programs
- Lower training costs for new and incumbent workers
- Engage and participate in a network of area employers to promote best practices
Membership in the Not for Profit Sector Partnership is offered free of charge to area employers. Register as a member at no cost.
If you are a Not for Profit employer interested in learning more about becoming a member of the Not for Profit Sector Partnership, contact:
Executive Director, Nonprofit Westchester
Phone: (914) 332-6679
President and CEO
United Way of Westchester and Putnam
Phone: (914) 997-6700 ext. 716
President & CEO
YMCA of Central & Northern Westchester
Phone: (914) 287-2021 ext. 201